These Terms of Service set forth basic points of agreement. In providing the service, Helte Co., Ltd. will guide customers on the basis of this agreement.
On Sail, users can have conversations in Japanese with Japanese learners from abroad.
Please behave sensibly when interacting with others.
We will take strict measures against improper use.
These Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as these “Terms") stipulate the terms of service for an online communication service (hereinafter referred to as the "Service") operated by Helte Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company"). In addition, "Corporate Users" refers to Users who belong to a corporation or other organization (hereinafter referred to as the "Corporation") that has formed a contract with the Company regarding the provision of the Service (hereinafter referred to as a "Corporate Contract"), and who use the Service in accordance with that Corporate Contract and these Terms. The Service is operated and managed by the Company (3rd floor, Daiichi Mitoya Building, 2-28 Azumakamicho, Kashiwa, Chiba).
Article 1 (Application)
These Terms apply to all relationships between the Company and Users related to the use of the Service. Agreement to these Terms shall be deemed to have been shown upon registration, and these Terms will become effective immediately thereafter.
Article 2 (Basic policy for the Service)
When using the Service, it shall be deemed that you have agreed to these Terms at the time of the contract.
If the Company changes these Terms, it will provide notification of the content of the change and the date of the change by a method that the Company deems appropriate.
The revised terms shall take precedence for the usage fee of the Service and all policies related to the Service.
Article 3 (Account registration)
The User shall register information (hereinafter referred to as an "Account") necessary for the use of the Service. However, the information of Corporate Users shall be handled in accordance with the Corporate Contract between the Company and the Corporation.
When registering an Account, the User must confirm and agree to the following points.
(1) The User's communication environment will not interfere with the use of the Service.
(2) It is possible to email the User notifications, advertisements, questionnaires, etc. regarding the Service.
(3) To improve the quality of customer support, the Company may document, record and store the User's inquiries, etc.
(4) To improve the quality of conversations, conversations between the Company and the User may be recorded (including audio and video), and the Company or its contractors may view and store these audio/video recordings, logs, etc. of conversations.
(5) The Company will disclose the conversation status, etc. of Corporate Users to the Corporation.
(6) When a Corporate User violates these Terms, the Company will disclose the details of the violation and records of the lesson in which the violation was made, etc., to the Corporation.
Under any of the following circumstances, the Company may reject applications for registration from Users, and may cancel the registration of Users who have already completed registration.
(1) The User does not exist.
(2) The User registers multiple times or attempts to do so.
(3) The User's registration information contains falsehoods, errors or omissions.
(4) The User's registration has previously been canceled by the Company.
(5) The credit card specified by the User does not exist or has been suspended.
(6) The User has failed to pay the fee in the past.
(7) The User is or may be a gangster organization, a company affiliated with a gangster organization, a corporate racketeer ("sokaiya") or an equivalent, or is or may be a member of such an organization.
(8) The User violates Article 5.
(9) The Company otherwise judges that the User is inappropriate as a user of the Service.
The User must maintain strict control of their account. Usage of the Service by logging in with login information that matches the registration information may be deemed by the Company to have been carried out by the User themselves.
The User must not allow third parties to use their Account. In addition, the Account must not be transferred, lent, etc. to a third party.
If the User forgets their Account or suspects that their Account has been improperly used by a third party, the User must promptly contact the Company and follow any instructions, etc. The User shall be obliged to compensate for all damages caused by any delay in this communication.
Article 4 (Account changes)
When there is a need for the User to make changes to their Account (including when a Corporate User leaves the Corporation), the User shall follow the procedure for making changes to their Account without delay in the manner specified by the Company. The Company shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the User's delay in carrying out this change procedure.
Article 5 (Prohibitions)
When using the Service, the User must not engage in any of the following conduct.
(1) Conduct that violates laws, regulations or social standards
(2) Conduct related to criminal acts
(3) Conduct that disrupts or interferes with the Company's servers or network functionality
(4) Conduct that may interfere with the operation of the Company's services
(5) Collecting or storing personal information, etc. related to other Users
(6) Impersonating other Users
(7) Conduct that directly or indirectly benefits antisocial forces in connection with the Service
(8) Entering or registering falsehoods when using the Service
(9) Conduct that inconveniences, disadvantages or damages the Company, other Users or third parties, or that may do so
(10) Conduct that infringes or may infringe on the intellectual property (copyright, etc.), privacy or other personal rights of the Company, other Users or third parties
(11) Conduct that violates or may violate social standards, laws or regulations
(12) Direct conversations between the User and an overseas Japanese learner using a method that is similar to the Service or the same kind
(13) Services of the same kind or similar to the information/knowhow related to the Service are a competitive violation (whether during or after usage of the Service)
(14) Other conduct that the Company deems inappropriate
If it is established that the User engaged in prohibited conduct, we will immediately suspend use of the Service and claim damages.
Article 6 (Suspension of provision of the Service, etc.)
The Company may immediately suspend or stop provision of all or part of the Service without prior notification to the User if it deems any of the following reasons to be applicable.
1. When performing maintenance, inspection or updating of the computer system related to the Service
2. When it becomes difficult to provide the Service due to force majeure such as an earthquake, lightning strike, fire, power outage or natural disaster
3. When a computer or communication line stops due to an accident
4. When the Company otherwise determines that it would be difficult to provide the Service The Company shall not be liable for any disadvantage or damage suffered by the User or third parties due to the suspension or interruption of the provision of the Service, regardless of the reason.
Article 7 (Usage fee/payment method for usage fee)
The User must pay the Company the fee for using the Service by a method designated by the Company. However, for Corporate Users, this shall be handled in accordance with the provisions of the Corporate Contract. Corporate Users shall confirm the fee and payment method with the Corporation.
Payment of the usage fee shall be automatically renewed at the same amount for each month of usage unless the withdrawal procedure is performed. The second and subsequent usage fees shall be automatically settled each month.
Article 8 (Usage restrictions)
The Company may restrict the use of all or part of the Service by the User without prior notice under any of the following circumstances.
1. When the User violates a provision of these Terms
2. When the Company otherwise judges that the use of the Service is not appropriate The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused to the User by actions taken by the Company based on this article.
Article 9 (Disclaimer)
The Company shall not be liable for any transaction, money transfer, communication or dispute between the User and other Users or third parties in relation to the Service.
The Company shall not be liable for damages or disadvantages caused by use of the Service, such as software/hardware accidents, computer virus infections or loss/damage of data.
Article 10 (Changes to the service content, etc.)
For changes to the content of the service, the Company will provide notifications of the content of the change and the date of the change by a method that the Company deems appropriate.
Article 11 (Changes to Terms of Service)
The Company may change this agreement at any time when deemed necessary. As stated in Article 2, Paragraph 3, the Company will provide notification of the change and the date of the change by a method that the Company deems appropriate.
Article 12 (Notifications or communication)
Notifications and communication between the User and the Company shall be made by a method that the Company deems appropriate.
Article 13 (Business interruptions)
When it becomes difficult to provide the Service due to a fire, natural disaster, war, riot, power outage or other emergency situation, or when the Company deems that it is necessary to suspend the Service due to operational or technical problems, the Company may suspend the Service for a period that the Company deems necessary without notifying or receiving consent from the User in advance.
Article 14 (Prohibition of transfer of rights and obligations)
The User may not transfer, or provide as collateral, their status as a user or their rights or obligations based on these Terms to a third party without prior written consent of the Company.
Article 15 (Intellectual property rights)
The User shall recognize that the Service, website, software necessary to connect to the service (hereinafter referred to as Software) and all content (including documents, videos, images and other teaching materials) on the Service and website, except user content, belongs to the Company or the license owner, and that the Company or the license owner owns the intellectual property rights for the Service, website, content and Software. The intellectual property rights clause applies to copyrights, trademarks, trade names, patents, service marks, knowhow rights, database rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights or equivalent forms of protection, and expresses that such rights are protected regardless of circumstance, location and whether or not registration has been granted.
Article 16 (Handling of registration information)
Personal information about the User registered by the User when using the Service (hereinafter referred to as "Registration Information") shall be used by the Company only for the purpose of operating and providing the Service or other services developed by the Company.
The Company shall not disclose or provide user information to third parties. However, this does not apply in the following circumstances.
(1) When the User makes an inquiry, etc. to the Company, and the Company sends a message, provides business guidance or responds to a question
(2) When permission is given by the User
(3) When disclosing or providing the information by a method that does not allow the identification of the User
(4) When disclosure or provision is permitted by law
(5) When disclosure or provision is requested based on laws or regulations
(6) When entrusting a part or all of the Service to a third party for the purpose of providing this service
(7) When transferring the operation of the Service to a third party
The Company may send the User email newsletters, direct mail and other information about each service it provides using collected email addresses, personal information, preference information, etc., and the User shall agree to this usage in advance.
Article 17 (Governing law/jurisdiction)
Japanese law shall serve as the governing law when interpreting these Terms. It is agreed that any dispute arising in relation to the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.
Article 18 (Matters for discussion)
If doubts arise concerning any matter not stipulated in these Terms or concerning the interpretation of these Terms, the Company and the User shall seek an amicable resolution in good faith through discussion.
(Supplementary provision) Established on August 1st, 2019